Disengaged employees are not working with others OR driving results. Here are some staggering statistics:
- Nearly 70% of all U.S. workers don’t like their job.
- Each disengaged employee costs you 34% of their salary
- Actively disengaged employees cost the U.S. $483 billion to $605 billion each year in lost productivity.
- Global engagement is trending downward (2015: 65%, 2016: 63%).
Do you have a handle on how engaged your employees really are?
A recent Gallup poll shows that only 33% of workers in the United States are engaged in their jobs, which means the remaining 51% of employees are disengaged and 16% are actively disengaged.
According to Gallup, improving employee engagement strongly impacts the overall environment of your business and impacts results. Employee engagement was found to have the following effects:
- 17% higher productivity
- 21% higher profitability
- 10% higher customer satisfaction
- 41% lower absenteeism
- 24% less turnover (in high-turnover organizations)
- 59% less turnover (in low-turnover organizations)
- 70% fewer safety incidents
- 40% fewer defects and quality issues
The truth really is this: if you ignore employee disengagement, employees will opt to work elsewhere. Respecting employee communication preferences will amount to higher engagement along with higher productivity within your business, which means happier employees and higher profits.
3 Key Areas To Improve Employee Engagement
TCG has spent nearly 3 decades studying employee engagement and has helped organizations across the globe improve their results. It boils down 3 key areas:
If you’re considering impacting employee engagement through communication, and developing stronger relationship, Let’s talk! We’ve helped organizations across the globe and have years of experience personalizing the right fit for your needs.